Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Camp Cable pressed on through unlucky day 13 without any bad luck striking. Robert Gallery was back in practice sooner than expected. Darrius Heyward-Bey had a day without noticable drops. Louis Murphy and Mike Mitchell managed to get in a wrestling match. Just a few more days until the Dallas Cowboys, and the excitement is making its way around camp.

  • Left guard Robert Gallery returned from his emergency appendix operation several days ahead of schedule. He will still be held out of the Dallas game, however.
  • Mike Mitchell and his self described best friend Louis Murphy got into a wrestling match after a blocking drill got intense.
  • Other than putting too much air under his deep throws, JaMarcus Russell is starting to find his accuracy.
  • The often injured John Bowie is injured again.
  • Javon Walker is giving the appearance that his "mystery surgery" is paying off. The real test will be once he is cleared to practice with the team instead of just doing drills on the side.
  • Jon Alston missed practice with foot soreness. Slade Norris got his first reps with the first team.
  • It took a double team to do it, but Terdell Sands got knocked on his butt. Marcel Reece and Chris Morris did the honors.
  • Nnamdi Asomugha actually got thrown on in practice. He got a pick six.

Javon Walker ready to come back after super surgery

When asked yet again to describe his "secret surgery," Javon Walker replied, "Yeah, well I'm not going to sit here and explain that. I'll let you know about it when I get ready to release that, but uh...yeah. [laughter] Yeah, you know, yeah." However, he is looking much better. In fact, in a complete reversal from last year, he is excited to show what he can do. "Oh yeah, and you know what? I'm excited about it because I'm still in my prime. I'm still a young receiver compared to a lot of the guys who are doing--who are still playing and, you know, pretty much putting up the numbers that they normally put up and like I said, I'm excited. I feel like I'm getting drafted with the rookies who just got drafted again, getting a whole fresh new start, feeling good and I'm excited because I'm also excited about giving the Raiders fans what they brought me here for."

He won't reveal the nature of his surgery becuase it is new, and its 'bigger than him.' "Well because it's the process that's gonna' be exposed to a lot of athletes that are having a lot of the same problems, that just don't know what to do. Me and my nature of, as far as competing, trying to play--I just did my research on a lot of things and seeked the help that I needed to get to put me back to this point that I'm at right now. So, that's why I'm not revealing nothing because it's bigger than me. It's a whole--it's really, really bigger than me and so, it's going to help a lot of athletes in every sport."

He is ready to put all of the drama of 08 behind him and have a fresh start, "Oh, last year I mean trying to do this last year, I didn't know what was wrong, I didn't know what was going on and like I say, we play a game that's very, very tough and when you got something bothering you, it's constantly in your mind everyday and you don't know what's wrong...for the nature of this game. And now, when you can finally play this game, feeling good, nothing's bothering you, which is kinda' hard. In football, something's always bothering you, but when you can play knowing that you're pain-free. You can go out and do what you did elementary through high school, through college and it made you get to the pro's, so that's the best feeling in the world playing football whenever nothing is bothering you."

When he gets back, he says that "The sky is the limit"







...........................................................................

No comments:

Blog Archive